Sunday, June 24, 2012

Current Read: Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.


I'm always looking for inspiration through different people, from Jay-Z to Gandhi. Normally biographies bore me, but Walter Isaacson does a great job of keeping the stories fresh. Couple years ago I read a book on Albert Einstein that he wrote and it was superb. When I caught wind that he would be writing a biography on Steve Jobs I was excited to say the least. Let me start off by saying, this is my second time reading this book and it really does inspire me. Steve Jobs was a phenomanal individual. He's a true dreamer and with his passion for design, he changed the world. Reading the book I learned he was MUCH more than just the CEO for Apple. He changed the digital world as we know it today. The thing I admire most about Steve Jobs was his ability to consistantly do the impossible. From datelines to products, he never let anyone tell him it couldn't be done. Reading the book you hear the word "Distortion Field" quite a lot but that's what gave him the vision to climb over walls that many people thought were impossible. The book really makes you feel as if you're walking with him and he's telling you the story himself. I've always respected his work and his visions, being that I'm a tech geek but this book really placed him high on my board. I highly suggest you read this book and I promise you will have a new gained respect for Apple and Steve Jobs as an individual. If you've read the book I'd love to hear your thoughts, leave a comment and tell me what you think!

No comments: