Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hello Giorgio!

A couple weeks back, I was invited to a lecture about a designer named Giorgio di Sant’ Angelo. Leah, a good friend of mine let me tag a long for this lecture. Before the lecture I’d never herd of Giorgio so I was more than happy to attend and learn. During the lecture, I also had the great chance to view some of his work and learn a little about his lifestyle. He had a great taste for fantasy and merged his own Latin upbringing with gypsy, American Indian, and even Asian influences. The fabrics he used were very vibrant and really stood out with each piece that I had I seen. He really brought knitwear to another level, mixing his ethnic-inspired looks. When the lecture ended, I even came home and did some more research on him because I was so intrigued. It was a great experience overall and I was very impressed with the lecture and the knowledge of the speaker on Giorgio’s work.

No comments: