Thursday, November 12, 2009

R.I.P. Grandma!

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of my Grandma's passing. Even though it happened 2 years ago the pain feels like it happened yesterday. My Grandma was the best thing God ever gave to me and the one person I will NEVER forget. My Grandma struggled with cancer for over a year but she held on as long as she could. She was never a quitter. When it was time to go she was not scared because she knew she was going home. My grandma taught me how great God really is and always was my link to the name of truth. Nov. 12 is never a great day for me but I honor it. Nov. 12 is the day I celebrate life and appreciate everything God has given me, because I don't always deserve it but the lord has never taken it from me. Please grandma understand my tears today are only that I miss you but I know you are enjoying the TRUE golden years that will last an eternity. Today my family said a prayer to you and I hope you herd us Grandma. I picked up the same wine you would drink when you gave me the lessons of life at night to honor you. You will forever be missed...

"November 12th til forever. I'll see you when I get there."

2 comments:

Kaloni said...

Awww, I love Gramz. Her presence was so sweet & welcoming all the time. It's good to know she's no longer in pain, and dealing with this harsh world anymore.

I'm so glad you've found peace with her passing, I'm proud of you JJ... That prolly makes Gramz happy as well. I love you always <3

dauché said...

in tears,
the words you speak are the words i speak.
my grandmother, your grandmother. never forgotten.
hardest death i've dealt with, same story, cancer.
strong women, angels, God's blessing from heaven.
my heart is heavy & my thoughts choked up, but there is a sense of relief being that there is no more suffering. in this world sometimes feeling alone, thoughts of their words of wisdom is a memory that will forever be in store. unconditional love, truth, and guidance. GOD is good !

you've got me over here, tears flowing. lol
the wound is forever in existence, but God is good regardless.

:)