Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!


My grandma would be 66 if she was still here but I didn't forget her even if she gone she still the best thing to ever happen to me. My grandma passed away in nov right before thanksgiving and christmas so I gotta say the holidays have been rough. She was pretty much all I ever had but now its me against the world. I miss her everyday I wake and think about what great times we had. My grandma was my mom, my dad, my best friend, my partner in crime, my everything. I'd give up everything I have to hug you one last time and to see your face. You did so much good things for the people around you. You molded the person and man that I am today. You taught me to fight when it gets hard. I will never forget my soccer games when I was 9 and you would drive me around town to my games even though they were not anywhere by our house. Plus we had to wake up at 7am on saturday! Grandma you are and forever were the best. When I told you I wanted to take my gaming serious you drove me to all my tournaments. The best memory I have of my grandma is when I was about 10 I wanted to go "trick or treating" for halloween but I didnt have a costume, we didnt have money for one either then my grandma took the sheet off the table and cut holes in it for eyes and I was a ghost that year. That ment so much to me. My grandma loved to suprise me she bought me every game system I could imagine. She inspired me to do so much and even advance my poetry. Most people dont know I dropped out of hs but she made me go back and get my stuff together. My grandma always told me I could do whatever I wanted in life. I always promised I was gonna buy you a house on the hill grandma and that truck that you always wanted. It sucks I didnt get to that for you because I would have loved to see your face. I had to celebrate thanksgiving, xmas, and mothersday alone not to mention everday missing you. I used to get so happy to see "gcell" pop up on my cell phone caller id but now its gone. I guess god called your phone and called you home. I remember when I got the news you passed away I was in the middle of the street and I dropped and I laid on the street kicking and screaming. I cried for the first time in what felt forever. I remember screaming at the top of my lungs its not fair. The funeral I just wanted it to be over the whole time I was there, no disrespect grandma but you know me. A few times in the shower I would just break down and cry. The feeling of losing someone and someone that ment the world to you is the greatest loss I ever had to take. I have such a busy life and sometimes I try to supress the feelings of missing you. I dont have anyone to count on anymore that I know could do anything. You were like a super hero to me, and honestly I always thought you'd out live me...

-To the best thing god ever gave me, grandma.

No comments: