Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dear Grandma...

Happy birthday to you and even though you are no longer here with me on earth, you are here with me in spirit and that's something no one could ever take from me. I want to say thank you for raising me to be the man that I am today. The best thing god ever gave to me was you. I remember we didn't really have money and you used to make my costumes for Halloween. Still no one to this day ever believed in me more then you ever did. It's been a long 2 years because even though its been that long the pain still hurts just as bad. Your death took my whole fear of death away, because I always thought you'd out live me to be honest. I never seen a person so strong. I remember you taught me how to shoot my first basket on the side of the house. I remember you would wake up extra early to make it to my soccer games. It felt good to wake up and have a reason to make it through the daily shit the world throw at me. It sucks cause I now do it alone with an empty purpose. I always said I was going to get you that house on the hill but it looks like god has already taken you there. I know you would tell me not to cry right now but my best friend, my side kick, my homie, my grandma is gone and I wont get to see you until I take my last steps here, so I look at death as the chance to see you again...

-Your Son,
Justin.


No comments: